Do I have to file a separate tax extension for business and personal needs?

Yes. The IRS generally requires different tax extension applications for both personal extensions and business extensions. There is an exception is for single member LLC businesses – if you own a single member LLC, then you can file a personal income tax extension (IRS Tax Form 4868) which will extend both your personal and business tax deadline.